Telanaga SI Syllabus and Exam Pattern – [English and Telugu]
Syllabus for Final Written Examination
PAPER I: ARITHMETIC & TEST OF REASONING / MENTAL ABILITY
(OBJECTIVE TYPE) (200 QUESTIONS).
Arithmetic: It will include questions on problems relating to number system, simple interest, compound interest, ratio & proportion, average, percentage, profit & loss, time & work, work & wages, time & distance, clocks & calendars, partnership, menstruation etc.
Test of Reasoning: It will include questions of both verbal & non-verbal type and include question on analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory etc
PAPER II: GENERAL STUDIES (OBJECTIVE TYPE) (200 QUESTIONS)
1. General Science – contemporary developments in science and technology and their implications including matters of everyday observation and experience, contemporary issues relating to protection of environment as may be expected of a well educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
2. Current events of national and international importance.
3. History of India – emphasis will be on broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic, cultural and political aspects. Indian National Movement.
4. Geography of India
5. Indian Polity and Economy – including the Country’s political system, rural development, planning and economic reforms in India.
6. Personality test (the questions will be from Ethics, Sensitivity to Gender and weaker sections, social awareness, Emotional Intelligence)
7. Telangana Movement and State Formation – The idea of Telangana (1948-1970), Mobilization phase (1971-1990), towards formation of Telangana State (1991-2014)
PAPER III: ENGLISH (DESCRIPTIVE TYPE)
The candidate’s understanding of the English language, its correct usage and their writing ability would be tested. Questions on short essay, comprehension, précis, letter writing, paragraph writing / report writing, translation from English to Telugu etc. would be included.
PAPER IV (DESCRIPTIVE TYPE):
The candidates can choose to have one of the languages i.e., either Telugu or Urdu and should indicate their choice as and when asked for by the recruiting authority. Option once exercised will be final and a candidate will not be allowed to change it subsequently.
The candidate’s understanding of the Telugu language, its correct usage and their writing ability would be tested. Questions on short essay, comprehension, letter writing, paragraph writing / report writing, translation from Telugu to English etc. would be included.
The candidate’s understanding of the Urdu language, its correct usage and their writing ability would be tested. Questions on short essay, comprehension, letter writing, paragraph writing / report writing, translation from Urdu to English etc. would be included.
Salary for Telangana SI:
Scale of pay:
Post Code Nos. 11 to 14 & 16 : Rs. 28,940-78910/-
Post Code No. 17 : Rs. 26,600-77030/-